Wanted: Web Operations Manager
January 2, 2008
Renkoo is looking for a hands-on leader to build a web operations team from scratch. The successful candidate will be energized by solving all kinds of scaling issues, and will take pride in recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing a team that the entire company will rely on. This job is core to the mission of the company and reports to our VP of Engineering.
- Purchasing and vendor management of all hardware, software, and services.
- Supervising the administration of all parts of multiple LAMP-based web properties.
- Hiring, training, and managing individual contributors in systems administration, networking, and release engineering.
- Collaborating with specialist contractors outside the company.
- Experience managing small web-ops teams and contractors.
- Experience with high volume Internet applications.
- Strong understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Experience with service oriented architectures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to produce documentation as needed.
- Experience negotiating, moving, and managing co-location.
- Experience operating a production web service.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2 and S3 at scale.
- Experience with graph-based software systems.
If you’re qualified (or know someone appropriate), please send a resume with subject “WEB OPERATIONS MANAGER” to
jobs -at- renkoo -dot- net
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required. We’re very sorry to say that no sponsorships are available at this time due to U.S. government regulations. 😦
Our Redwood City crib is a half hour from San Jose or San Francisco by Caltrain, and walking distance from lots of great restaurants. 🙂