Wanted: Senior Web Ops Engineer
September 26, 2007
Renkoo is looking for an experienced Web Operations Engineer or Sysadmin who would be thrilled to be the go-to ops person for our LAMP-based web applications that collectively have millions of users.
You will be the go-to person in a small, fun loving team that creates scaling challenges (and technology challenges!) as fast as an ops guru can handle them. This job is core to our engineering team and reports to our engineering manager. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the engineering processes for the infrastructure you will administer.
To qualify for this position, you must be detail oriented, creative, good at documentation, willing to help others, and flexible enough to explore and pick up new tools and technologies.
- Purchasing, setting up, maintaining, monitoring, and tuning of QA and Production machines.
- Administering all parts of a PHP-based LAMP stack.
- Managing monitoring and notification services with Nagios and Ganglia.
- Load balancing of hardware and software.
- Being on-call 24/7 to manage escalation procedures, with significant involvement from our developers.
- Experience in web ops for high volume Internet applications.
- Hands-on understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Expertise in at least one scripting language and flexibility to pick up new ones.
- Experience with AJAX web applications at scale.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2 and S3 at scale.
- Python scripting experience, especially with Twisted Internet.
If you’re qualified (or know someone appropriate), please send a resume with subject “SENIOR WEB OPS ENGINEER” to
jobs -at- renkoo -dot- net
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required. We’re very sorry to say that no sponsorships are available at this time due to U.S. government regulations. 😦
Our Redwood City crib is a half hour from San Jose or San Francisco by Caltrain, and walking distance from lots of great restaurants. 🙂